VIDEO TESTIMONIAL – A POWERFUL ENDORSEMENT FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Testimonials for you, your business and its offering are powerful. Happy clients are the most effective sales tool for any business.
The video testimonial is the daddy of testimonials – it adds authenticity and credibility which the written word cannot. Why? Because we’re a sceptical lot, and in this world where everything is visually demanding, it ticks important boxes:
- Trust – a testimonial heard from the mouth of a real person is more trustworthy than text on a web page, simply because we have proof of its authenticity √
- Engagement – potential customers are keen to absorb the experiences of existing clients so they’re drawn in to the story and message of the testimonial √
- Visually appealing – like I said, we’re visually demanding! √
What are the advantages of having a testimonial video on your website?
Apart from showing that you are professional and serious about what you do, having a video on your website brings many additional advantages:
- Your video will tell potential customers far more than lines of text could ever do, through intonation, sincerity and body language
- Testimonial videos on your website boost your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). According to Comscore, adding a video to your website can increase the chance of a front page Google result by 53 times
- HubSpot reported that 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly so there is an audience hungry for video content
- It is easy to post a testimonial video on social media so being short of ideas or time doesn’t prevent you from keeping up with your online presence
- Visual content is more likely to be shared on social media
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, so your chance of being found by potential customers is much greater than if you don’t have a video
- You can use your testimonial video for email marketing campaigns. Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26% (Hubspot)
- 79% of Internet traffic will be video content by 2018 (Webdam)
That’s the theory out of the way. Now for putting it into practice – not so straight forward!
How do I create a credible testimonial video?
To create a convincing testimonial video, thereby securing big, fat ticks in the boxes mentioned above, you need to know how to craft a convincing production that doesn’t make you – or your potential customers – cringe each time it is viewed.
At Bigtank Productions we know how to put interviewees at ease and ask the right questions to give the video a natural feel. This is hugely important for producing a convincing video. We create a conversational format, where the interviewee is encouraged to forget they are part of a video production process. Instead, they have a normal, relaxed conversation with our team behind the camera.
We practice what we preach! We have several testimonial videos on our website, kindly provided by our valued clients.
Video testimonials focus on the benefits
Video testimonials provide you with a platform to highlight the benefits of your offering, rather than just listing your services. By sharing their personal experience, your interviewee will naturally focus on the benefits to them of working with you, telling potential customers what they all want to know – the benefits to them of becoming your customer.